Dec 16, 2009

calves

Baby calf

                 In my opinion there’s nothing cuter than a newly born calf. The pink nose, the large  innocent  eyes, and the fuzzy coat that

                 still isn’t quite dry definitely trip my trigger. It’s a good thing I like them so much when we have about 80 of them to feed each day.

                I think the calves can handle the cold weather we’ve been having so much better than I can. They bound out of their straw bedded huts

                and are eager to guzzle down their bottles no matter how cold it is. I am definitely not that chipper when the wind chills are below zero!

                It’s a good thing calves do so well in cold weather because we’ve had a lot of newborns lately. At least a lot of them have been heifers.

               It makes up for the frozen fingers I get when feeding them their bottles!

 

909B667600F82F4C0CB84E9E0E4304ED

5 comments:

Unknown December 16, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

What is its name?

Farmgirl December 16, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

Journalist

Unknown December 28, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Oh.

Anonymous June 20, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

How depressed was his mother when he was taken away from her just so you could drink her milk?

Tracey Perillat May 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM  

I am interested in using your picture in an article my company is doing on dairy calves. If you are interested in giving us the permission to use this photo could you please contact me at tracey.perillat@saskatooncolostrum.com

About Me

My photo
I love God, my family, spending time with my friends, reading a good book, riding my horses, showing my cows, walking in the grass with my bare feet, watching a sunset or sunrise, listening to birds chirp and the wind blow, a good nap, taking pictures, corn on the cob, a cold glass of milk, quiet time, laughing, singing really loud just to annoy my brothers, playing with photoshop, the fair, ripe tomatoes with lots of salt and pepper, playing with my kitten, and just enjoying life.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP