Dec 10, 2009

cold weather

Isn’t cold weather wonderful?  Just kidding :) I don’t know anyone who is especially fond of all the bundling up, shoveling, and freezing wind chills! When you live in Wisconsin you have to get used to cold weather. This morning it was about 5 degrees above zero, but there was a –15 degree wind chill. I spent the morning helping Dad thaw out the waterers in our yearling heifer barn. In the process I froze my toes and my nose. The first attempt was to pour hot water on the pipes, when that didn’t work we brought the salamander (heater) out to try and get it thawed out. Finally we realized the problem was with the well, so Dad stuck the salamander on the well and called the well people to come and look at it. Hopefully they’ll be able to figure something out! I think it’s amazing that we can go from 90 plus degrees in the summer to below zero with bone-chilling winds in the winter. So enjoy the cold weather while we have it, it won’t be long till we’ll be sweating and wishing for cooler temperatures!

Heifer

 

 

909B667600F82F4C0CB84E9E0E4304ED

4 comments:

Anonymous December 11, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

what the cows name ???

Farmgirl December 11, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

Her name is Annabell

Unknown December 11, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Annabell looks a lot like Tate!!

Unknown December 12, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Oh, now i get it!! That makes a lot of sense!!

About Me

My photo
I love God, my family, spending time with my friends, reading a good book, riding my horses, showing my cows, walking in the grass with my bare feet, watching a sunset or sunrise, listening to birds chirp and the wind blow, a good nap, taking pictures, corn on the cob, a cold glass of milk, quiet time, laughing, singing really loud just to annoy my brothers, playing with photoshop, the fair, ripe tomatoes with lots of salt and pepper, playing with my kitten, and just enjoying life.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP