Feb 26, 2010

Fix-It Friday #45

    I had lots of fun fixing this sunny picture of a cute little girl. Click on the logo below for more fixes.

Fix-it_lg

Fix_It Friday #45

                              Here’s the original picture.

“This week's photo comes from Caroline at Frogmum. She writes: ‘My daughter is standing in our front garden - I was laying down. It was a beautiful day, but her face was in full shade & looks a bit blurry. She looks too dull against the blue sky. I'd like to be able to pull the whole thing up and make her pop out without losing the beauty of that blue sky.’“

Fix_It Friday #45_version 1-1                              Here’s my first fix. The first thing I did was crop the picture to a 5 x 7 to get closer to the girl.

                              I selected just the girl and adjusted levels and dodged to lighten her face and make her stand out more.

                              Next added a soft light layer to add some “pop” and bumped up the saturation before sharpening.

Fix_It Friday #45_version 2                                I had to try a vignette. I like how it emphasizes the cute little girl even more.

Fix_It Friday #45_version 3                                   Last of all I tried some fun texture.

4 comments:

Chrystal February 27, 2010 at 12:27 AM  

I love how you brought out her eyes. Everything I tried failed. You did a wonderful job.

Frogmum February 27, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

Lovely edit ~ the vignette worked really well :D Thankyou :D!!

Donna February 27, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

Awesome fix it Friday edits

Anonymous February 27, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

cool!

About Me

My photo
I love God, my family, spending time with my friends, reading a good book, riding my horses, showing my cows, walking in the grass with my bare feet, watching a sunset or sunrise, listening to birds chirp and the wind blow, a good nap, taking pictures, corn on the cob, a cold glass of milk, quiet time, laughing, singing really loud just to annoy my brothers, playing with photoshop, the fair, ripe tomatoes with lots of salt and pepper, playing with my kitten, and just enjoying life.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP